Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Blogging Failure

I'll be the first to admit that I am a blogging failure. I have seen some amazing blogs out there recently, nicely arranged sites with lots of wonderfully written posts with a ton of faithful followers. My biggest question to all of these lovely bloggers is, "when in the heck do you find the time?"

I know that I am not the best at time management, but I don't feel like I am the worst at it either. I multi-task at work, but I do my best to not multi-task at home. Sometimes it's inevitable that I will be doing several things at one time, but my ultimate goal at home is to provide as much of my undivided attention to my daughter as possible. I know that playing fairies and weebles with my daughter is not getting anything done, but it is productive. My daughter is my biggest priority and as a working mom, who spends little enough time with her, I want to play fairies and dance around the kitchen with her as much as I possibly can. I am one of those mothers who has lost themselves to their child. Yes, my personal pursuits of having the ultimate blog or killer abs have fallen by the wayside. I don't spend any more time on myself than absolutely necessary in order to not become an embarrasement to my husband or my daughter.

Truly, I don't care. I spent years of it being all about me. When I became a parent, I made the decision that my pursuits were not what was important, my child took priority and always will. I know that as my daughter gets older she will need me less and less and perhaps then I will become more involved in pursuing my goals. In the meantime, I am happy dancing around the kitchen with my daughter and this blog being a complete failure!

No comments:

Post a Comment